SCHOLARSHIPS for high school seniors
Summerfield Merchants Association will award a total of $5,000 in scholarships in May 2023 to high school seniors who meet the following criteria:
- Must live in Summerfield and be a graduate of the Class of 2023. Students may be graduating from a public or private school, or a state accredited homeschool program.
- Must be accepted to a two-year or four-year post-secondary program and be enrolled for the Fall 2023 semester. Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school the student will be attending.
- The candidate must be graduating with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or greater.
Candidates should include the following with their application:
- Completed application and an essay describing (in about 500 words): your short-term, middle-term, and long-term goals spanning the next 20 years; what you plan to do with your college education; and how your future career and lifestyle impact will impact your community and the world in which you live.
- An official transcript including unweighted GPA, SAT and/or ACT scores and class rank.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation: One from a high school teacher and one from a non-family member who has known the candidate for at least two years.
DEADLINE to submit application: April 4, 2023
QUESTIONS: [email protected].
2022 - Emily Peedan, Benjamin Bluitt & Grant McNeill
2021 - Logan Horner & Ian Gibson
Logan Horner is attending UNC Wilminton studing Nursing.
Ian Gibson is attending NC State University where he is pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering.
2019 - Blake Lucas
Blake is attending Appalachian State University where he is pursuing a degree in Computer Science and minoring in Business. "I was extremely honored to receive this scholarship and am appreciative of your generosity. I hope to one day be able to use my degree to help others and to give back to my community" -Blake Lucas