Summerfield Merchants Association is a non-profit organization that seeks to connect and provide support for Summerfield-based professionals as well as to collectively give back to the Summerfield community by donating our time, talents and financial resources. Some of the ways we accomplish this are through:
Monthly meetings: We typically meet on the first Tuesday of each month, from 6:15 to 8 p.m. These meetings provide local professionals in our community with the opportunity to showcase their business and organization, to socialize and network, and to work together to provide support to each other and to the community of Summerfield.
Raise community awareness for our members: We operate a website and Facebook page which keeps the community informed about our association and promotes our individual members. We also promote the SMA and our members through co-op advertising in the Northwest Observer, a local community newspaper, and at community events that we sponsor and/or participate in.
Community involvement and giving back: As an association of professionals, we are grateful for the support our businesses and organizations receive from the Summerfield community. In turn, we are committed to supporting and giving back to the community in as many ways as possible. Our contributions of time and resources include:
- Volunteering at the annual Summerfield Founders' Day event each May
- Sponsoring and volunteering at Summerfield Fire District’s annual Stop, Drop & Roll 5K
- Financially contributing to our local schools and PTAs as needs arise
- Volunteering at the Town of Summerfield’s annual Christmas Tree Lighting
- Conducting food drives for Backpack Buddies and Backpack Ministry programs
- Providing scholarships to local high school seniors who live in Summerfield