Northern Guilford High School Scholarships
Once a year the Summerfield Merchants Association awards $1,000 scholarships to two worthy graduating seniors who best meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduating senior at Northern Guilford High School (NGHS).
- Must be accepted to a two-year or four-year post-secondary program. The funds are paid directly to the school attended.
- The candidate must graduate NGHS with an unweighted GPA of 3.0 or greater.
The candidate must include the following with their application:
- Completed application, including the essay.
- An official transcript including unweighted GPA, SAT and/or ACT scores and class rank.
- Two sealed letters of recommendation: One from a high school teacher and one from a non-family member who has known the candidate for at least two years.
Timeline: Application packages are due to the Guidance Office at NGHS by March 16, 2020. The winner will be chosen on May 15th.
Questions: Submit questions to email@example.com.
Blake Lucas, a graduate of Northern Guilford High School was the 2019 recipient of the Summerfield Merchant Association Scholarship. Blake is attending Appalachian State University where he is pursuing a degree in Computer Science and minoring in Business. "I was extremely honored to receive this scholarship and am appreciative of your generosity. I hope to one day be able to use my degree to help others and to give back to my community" -Blake Lucas