High School Scholarship
Summerfield Merchant Association is awarding a yearly scholarship to a graduating senior who best meets the following criteria
- Must be a graduating senior at Northern Guilford High School.
- Must be accepted in a two-year or four-year program. The funds will be paid directly to he school attended.
- The candidate must graduate with a minium unweighted GPA of 3.0.
The candidate must include the following with their application:
- 1. Completed application, including essay.
- 2. An official transcript including un- weighted GPA, SAT and/or ACT scores and class rank.
- 3. Two sealed letters of recommendation: one from a high school teacher and one from a non-family member who has known the candidate for at least two years.
Timeline: Application packages are typically due in the Guidance the Northern Guilford High School Office in February with the winner being selected the following month. Stay tuned for exact dates later this year.
Questions: Any questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blake Lucas, a graduate of Northern Guilford High School was the 2019 recipient of the Summerfield Merchant Association Scholarship. Blake is attending Appalachian State University where he is pursuing a degree in Computer Science and minoring in Business. "I was extremely honored to receive this scholarship and am appreciative of your generosity. I hope to one day be able to use my degree to help others and to give back to my community" -Blake Lucas